ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 16:33:25 -0600
This afternoon, two of my grandchildren were playing over the fence in my
son's yard.  The 2 and a half year old was in the yard with me.  I was on
the deck, seated on our deck swing, trying to find a comfortable position
where my back and hip didn't hurt.  The baby, that's what we call him, kept
saying something which I failed to understand.  I just thought he was
talking about the older boys playing in the other yard.  I finally
discovered if I laid down on the swing, it took the pressure off my spine
and my hip stopped hurting.  So the baby, little Elijah, keeps coming up the
deck steps and walking over and repeating something.  I tried the word game,
play, and everything else, including gate, to try and guess what he was
trying to tell me and he kept saying, no.  He kept grabbing my thumb and
pulling me so I finally got up, hobbled down the stairs and across the yard.
He led me near the fence and then bent down and placed my hand on a snake.
Yep, a snake.  I thought it might be sunning itself but it didn't move so I
got my 10 year old grandson to hop the fence to see if it was indeed a
snake.  It was and it was dead.  So, we got it out of the yard before our
dogs found it and brought it into the house, as they did once before, except
that one was still alive.  That's another story.

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com