ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 23:04:18 -0500
I saw Andy today but only for a few minutes as the speech person was
coming in to do some tests. However she didn't do much either because he
had just gotten back from a walk and they had him on pain meds and he
dozed off. I don't think he knew we were there. We're going to try again
tomorrow. His mom did say the other day he was bent over doing something
and the nurse kept looking into the room as she was talking with his mom.
Evidently his pillow fell between the bed and the chair he was sitting on
and he was pulling trying to get it out. His mom went in to help and told
him to sit back in the chair and she'd see if she could get it. He sat
back and she couldn't get it either. Andy then grabbed the recliner chair
he was in and bobbled it three times to unsnag the pillow. He reasoned his
chair was holding it up and he had the strength to move the chair. All
good signs. They also put a liner under the scalp over the area he has a
piece of missing skull bone to prevent infection. I'll let you know more
if we get to visit with him. I understand it is pretty much hit and miss
as to how aware he is as they administer various meds and things.

Brad