ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:55:33 -0500
My nephew has been in a serious car accident. He rolled his Blazer and was
thrown from the vehicle. He is in St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay with
life threatening head injuries. I'll spare the detail but they said it is
the worst they've seen there. This happened Monday around 3:00 CDT, they
Flight For Lifed him to Green Bay Wisconsin and it all happened in great
timing and as bad as the accident was, it could have not went better for
getting him to the hospital via helicopter. They didn't expect him to live
through the night and because of diligent prayer  and a faithful God, he
has hung in there, managed to lightly squeeze his fingers to a couple of
loved ones, and has managed to have no need for the pressure monitor on
his head. They are putting a feeding tube in him today which normally they
do not due for 7 to 10 days in some in his case and so he is ahead of
schedule there. His temp is normal and scans look as good as can be
expected. The doctors prepared the family for the worst having relatives
flown in or otherwise traveling back home. They are now enthusiastic about
a recovery. I say quote, a recovery, because they do not know the damage
done yet. He has major major head trauma with a shattered skull and yet
road gravel and etc. in his skull and brain. Sorry about the detail there
but that is the seriousness of it all. Please pray. He  is 28 years old,
has a little one only a year old who recently undergone brain surgery
himself for a skull not expanding for brain growth, but doing very well.
His fiance is beside herself of course. His name is Andy. I'm on the road
so won't be able to reply until I get back home. We started out last
Friday heading for a business meetings, then off to Milwaukee for a
funeral for my uncle who just passed away, and then got an email from my
nephew as they didn't have my cell phone number. We missed out on the
funeral to be with family and Andy during this critical time. We are
staying yet one night here and then returning home as many family and
friends are here  now and we can preserve our time resources in case we
are needed in the weeks to come. If he makes it through he will require 10
to 20 more surgeries to rebuild his skull and who knows the rehabilitation
needs. He will be in the hospital for a long time to come provided he
indeed manages out of the critical stages here. He is unconscious per
medicines to keeps him calm and let the body begin it's healing and
stabilization which is doing just that. Thanks for your prayers.

Brad