ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 12:43:15 -0600
From: "David & Rachel." <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Phil Scovell" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 10:08 AM
Subject: David's Update

> Dear Phil,
> For a little while now, I have not posted anything on EChurch USA.
>
> This has been because I have not been well, below I have posted my update
and if you feel that it could be shared with the folks in EChurch USA as a
matter for prayer, then please feel free to let everyone know.

> Trust you are well,
>
> David.
> David's Update.
>
> Nearly two weeks ago I was rushed into hospital by emergency ambulance.
>
> The reason being, was because I was in great agony in the lower abdomen
area and was not passing water.

> After having a catheter in placed I passed 1600 mils of water. Now that's
some volume!

> It turned out that I was suffering with an infection which had also
affected my prostate & scrotum. You can only imagine the pain I was in.

> After a short stay in hospital, I was discharged - only to be admitted
once again 36 hours later.

> Once again I was not passing water and so after extensive examinations
etc., it was diagnosed that due to my enlarged bladder, the bladder muscle
had decided to no longer work.

> This now means that for every day of my life, I now have to use an
intermittent self catheter.

> After some training, the doctors & nurses were baffled by how quickly I
adapted to this new procedure in my life. In part I think that they were
totally baffled because of my blindness.

> Because I am a kidney & pancreas transplant recipient I have to be so
careful of infections, I am so pleased that the infection has not affected
my transplants.

> You may be asking well what has caused all these things? - Blindness,
kidney & pancreas transplants and now his bladder giving up!

> Since the age of 4, I suffered with diabetes and so consequently this is
the underlining factor.

> Amazingly though, due to my pancreas transplant of fifteen years, I am no
longer treated for diabetes, no longer have insulin and no longer have a low
fat and low carbohydrate diet.

> Yet even though this body may fail me at times, I am confident of this
very thing - I know and trust in someone who never fails. His mercies are
new every morning, great is His faithfulness.

> Obviously, I'm still weak from my recent ordeal and would still value your
prayers.

> In the meantime, may God continue to bless and encourage you and in turn
may you continue to be a blessing and encouragement to others.