ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:12:26 -0400
Hey Darb,
         Have you really been gone that long, or have I just fallen
behind in my posting.  Shoot, Chris has lived two more places since
then, none of which were our home and he's been through two more
jobs.  He has officially dropped out of school.  He claims that he
wants to get his G.E.D. and go into the military, but he hasn't done
anything to move toward that yet.  He's still hanging with
Nicky.  Drat!  He's now living in a two bedroom apartment, rent free,
with another guy, this guys girl friend, a baby and a cat.  He is
part of a program called the Life program that is supposed to help
him get his act together, but they haven't done much with him yet.  I
had hoped to have him over for Easter, but that didn't work out.  He
claims he's happy because he likes being free to make his own
choices, but we all know that that will bite him in the end, one way
or another.
         Time Magazine had a really long article last week about high
school drop outs.  Basicly, Chris has really shot himself in the foot
good this time.  It's just taking a long time for the injury to
register in the brane.  I don't think that he's doing drugs.  Or, at
least, he's not majorly using.  People from church see him around
town and they report that his eyes are still looking pretty clear and
he seems pretty alert and engaging.  It's kind of fun to have my
spies out everywhere.  He is probably doing under age drinking since
Nicki's family is all heavily into drinking and Nicki has been
drinking pretty heavy since she was thirteen or so.
         Oh, I know something else that you probably don't know,
Nicki's family got Chris to take out a two year cell phone contract,
with four phones, over two years, in his name.  That's how bad their
credit is.  Chris told me that Rent-a-Center is trying to reclame all
their stuff and they have been served an evicction notice, but they
run and hide when anyone officially comes around so they are still
holding up, sort of.  Both parents have been fired from their jobs
and I have no clue why their car hasn't been booted and hauled yet,
but I guess that where there is a will there is a way.
         I guess that I can see why Chris doesn't like our family
life.  We're too boring.  Imagine the education and excitement that
he is being exposed to in the name of love!  I try not to get
depressed about it and just pray.
           At least we do stay in contact.  Chris went with Greg to
see Caleb wrestle one Saturday.  I offered to do his laundry for him
while they were gone and he took me up on it and seemed to really
appreciate it.
         That's the latest from Maine!  Bet you're sorry you asked! GRIN!
yhtaK