ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:05:02 -0500
Wow Phil,
I feel your pain.  It was 57 Thursday here in Maine.  Can yu believe
it?  Tomorrow, it is supposed to be ten below.  No fair!  We don't
have the rolling black outs, but we have had such high winds that a
lot of power has just been knocked out.   Utility poles have been
snapped in half and everything.  At least with the power company, you
know that the power will be coming back in 40 minutes.  No such luck
with downed power lines.  Praise the Lord, we haven't been effected,
obviously, or I wouldn't be able to write this.  The real big deal
with downed power lines is that they are often downed by trees, which
catch on fire, at the top, making them a living torch.  I hear about
a lot of that just because Greg has one of the fire department's  pagers.  Wow!
Kathy