From:
Kathy Grzedzinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Grzedzinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:28:21 -0400

I just returned from a trip to Europe and used Lufthansa Airlines for the
first time.  I ordered gluten free meals coming and going and was pleasantly
surprised to find they actually provide a very good airline meal for us
celiacs!  My breakfast meal consisted of Greek dolmates, rice, spinach,
fruit, and gluten free bread (made by PEMA).  I know that seems like an odd
breakfast, but it was quite good (and it was served leaving Athens, Greece).

A lunch meal consisted of smoked fish, cheese, a green salad and some kind
of jello concoction with fresh sliced fruit, which I thought was my complete
meal.  But it was followed by a baked chicken dish.  I don't even know if
there was a gluten free dessert because I was far too full to even try one!

My dinner was beef medallions, fried potatoes, a vegetable concoction with
onions, carrots and other chopped vegetables, sliced kiwi and oranges,
camembert cheese and more gluten free bread.

The breakfast was served on the plane from Athens, Greece to Frankfurt,
Germany.  The other two were served from Germany to the United States.

Seeing as we usually fly Delta, who pay very little attention to gluten-free
meals, I was completely thrilled with what Lufthansa provided.  On top of
that, the staff was on top of the situation at all times.

Just wanted to pass this along in case it might be helpful to someone out
there!

:)
Kathy G.
Alpharetta, GA