Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:24:36 +0000

?Migraines with intestinal spasms remedy
My original post the week after Thanksgiving was:
Terrible half the head migraines with light sensitivity, nausea/maybe vomiting and intestinal cramping spasms without the dreaded diarrhea is still an occasional problem although not a regular thing every week like it was a year ago.  I can't take any of the usual migraine type medications due to those kind of medications and most cold remedies make my blood pressure very suddenly go sky high.  The migraines seem to go along with spasms of the intestines but no diarrhea and no obvious link to food ingestion.  I did have all the neurological symptoms before the gf, cf, soy free, low fat, no sugar, low fat, yeast free diet and all neurological symptoms except occasional migraine headaches are gone.  I ate lightly on Thanksgiving and only my own food at home due to having and getting over a nasty flu/cold thing for the last 10 days.
I haven't taken any cold remedies other than the usual echinasea and goldenseal that I have taken in the past with no difficulty.  I have been taking Benadryl allergy free gels but take it often at night for mold allergies and Benadryl has never bothered me other than sleepiness and thus a better nights sleep.  Also have been drinking gf camomille and ginger tea.  Any suggestions for the migraine headaches with intestinal spasms would be welcome.

1.  B12, feverfew and magnesium help.  Some people with migraines are low in magnesium.
2.  Imitrex, codeine/tylenol, licerice tea (good earth original has licorice and other herbs), feverfew tea, totally gf-the slightest bit results in migraine for this person.
3.  Totally gf and a lot of calcium/D seems to be the key in studies, eliminated dairy and all migraines went away from 5 a month to one a year, If headache Imitrex is the best solution, large doses of chocolate help.
4.  Excedrin one tab and sometimes a 2nd tab.  Immodium works well for the cramps and diarrhea that come with the migraines.
5.   http://users.bigpond.nrt.au/allergydietician/fi/histamine.html
6.  Inderal LA 120mg daily.  It is a beta blocker for heart patiens but works well to block migraines.  It also decreases blood pressure.  Also take Vistaril-much the same as benadryl.  It doesn't do anything for pain but will kick the nausea.
7.  Had to go dairy free to get rid of the migraines.  It may be some other food sensitivity as well. Suggest a food diary.
8.  Get a full allergy, food sensitivity panel done at nowleap.com.  They are big on food sensitivities as being the main culprit for headaches of all kinds as well as gut troubles of all kinds.  Expensive but some health insurances will pay 3/4 of cost.  This person is allergic to chamomile.  Intestinal yeasts of various kinds can cause problems.  They grow on grains, sugar, fruit sugar.
Imitrex-first one on the market specifically for migraines and doesn't have the side effects that over the counter kinds with caffeine have.  Imitrex is the only thing that consistently worked for this person since she was 12.
9. Hidden gluten somewhere?
10.  Read something about chamomile tea-definetely allergy related.
11.  Just pain rest.  Thinks fatigue has something to do with occurance of migraines.
To be continued-
Robin in Massachusetts