ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:42:19 -0500
Saved and Sure

John 3:16

In order to understand the concept of "saved and sure," you must discover
three certainties that describe God's will for all people.

1. It is the Lord's will that everyone be saved. God calls all men and women
to Himself, but there must be a response to His invitation. As we answer His
call to salvation, the Father makes us part of His everlasting family
(Romans 10:9-13). If we fail to respond, however, then we will eternally
remain outside
of His redemption plan for mankind.

2. It is God's will that everyone be saved by grace through faith. Ephesians
2:8-9 declares that our salvation is 100 percent thework of the Lord. It is
His plan, His work, His gift. We have no responsibility whatsoever, other
than simply receiving the free gift that He lays at our feet.

3. It is His will that everyone be saved by grace through faith and be sure
of their salvation. Lack of certainty can absolutely destroy faith. If you
are
not sure that you are saved, then the Devil will use that seed of doubt to
plague your spirit every time you feel you have done something unforgivable.
In the Lord's eyes, though, there is no such thing as "unforgivable." He has
already established the plan by which every one of us can join His eternal
family, and He wants us to have confidence in our salvation.

John 3:16, 1 John 5:13, and Ephesians 1:13-14 and 2:4-7 all point to the
completely certainty with which we can embrace our salvation. Is your faith
at
the whim of your feelings and circumstances, or is it firmly grounded in
Scripture?

Stu
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.