From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:24:26 -0800
Just to restate your current situation - you have a computer on which
you have installed a new motherboard and a new hard drive. When you try
to install XP pro, you get a message that there is a problem and the
computer shuts down.

Assuming that the new motherboard and hard drive are good and both
configured correctly, I would check to make sure the RAM is good and
seated securely.

I don't know what else to suggest since the problem occurs part way
through the installation rather than at the beginning. Others may have
some more ideas.

Tom Mayer