From:
"Larry Adler (Cebridge)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:39:32 -0600
Here's a new one that happened last night:

Upon buying a Bluetooth adapter (USB) and installing it without incident on
my Windows XP Media Center laptop, I proceeded to my XP Pro desktop. I
loaded the software, rebooted, then inserted the adapter into the USB
receptacle. Immediately upon plugging in the device, the computer shut down
and rebooted. Now, the computer is in an eternal shutdown-and-reboot loop.
Also, I cannot get the keyboard to work (wireless USB device), thus making
it impossible start up in safe mode.

Did my USB hardware get fried?

Thanks,

Larry Adler