From:
Larry Gurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:37:10 -0800
I am using a "Dell by Microsoft" Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
(Model no. RT 9403 V. 5FTW) which I moved to my new computer from my
Dell Pentium III/Win98SE machine.

I have been using the keyboard on the new machine without incident
for about eleven months. In the last two weeks I've been having an
intermittent problem with the non-numeric keys on the numeric keypad:

pressing "NumLock" loads Windows Media Player
pressing the minus "-" key puts the computer in sleep mode
pressing the plus "+" key blanks the screen

I tried reinstalling drivers, first from the Resource CD that came
with the Dell --Windows couldn't find a better driver-- then from the
WinXP Pro CD --Windows replaced the driver for Microsoft Natural
Keyboard Pro Hot Keys.

Under Keyboards, Device Manager shows only Microsoft USB Natural
Keyboard Pro. Device manager shows Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro,
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro Consumer Controls, and Microsoft
Natural Keyboard Pro Hot Keys (no "USB") as devices under Human
Interface Devices.

My OS is WinXP Pro SP2 on a custom PC, with an AMD Athlon 3800+ 64X2
dual core processor,  ASUS AN85X   mobo and NVIDIA GeForce  6600 video card.

Any suggestions?

Lawrence T. Gurley

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com