Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:20:52 -0500
Hi Ed,

To the best of my knowledge, all PC-133 memory is backward compatible with
PC-100 so that should not have been a problem. 384 MB is the maximum amount
of memory for that model.

When the Windows 98/Millennium Disk Defragmenter runs, it needs exclusive
access to Windows. When anything interferes with it (writes to the hard
drive) it restarts at the beginning. You can always run it in Safe Mode, but
I never had a problem with it completing using this procedure: First, insure
the Screensaver (Control Panel / Display Properties) is set to "None" and
close all open programs and windows. Then, hold down the "Ctrl" and "Alt"
keys and tap the "Del" key once. This opens the "Close Program" window. With
the exception of "Explorer", select each item listed, one by one, to include
"Systray", and click the "End Task" button. You may have to open the Close
Program window several times and "End Task" more than once for the same
item. When only Explorer remains, click the "Cancel" button and proceed to
run ScanDisk and Disk Defragmenter.

Sven Swanson, Sr.