Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 23:04:05 -0500
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 20:41:32 -0500, ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

  Even casual chewing can release the cell contents,
> and we do, after all, possess both cellulase and amylase. Grasses are
> not far removed from leaves and flowers, such as in broccoli, cabbages,
> lettuce, greens, etc. From a nutritional standpoint, I'd choose a powder
> of a raw, carefully nourished baby green than any amount of cooked
> collards or kale.

One of the curiousities once touched on is the difference in taste of male
and female.
Many males seem  willing to live without salad, females not so.
This might be an instinctive difference between hunters and gatherers; the
question would be: do greens, leaves,flowers actually do any good?

William