Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:39:23 -0500
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:53:31 -0500, Marilyn Harris
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It may be of interest to you to read about enzymes at the following site
> (they talk about Howell's theory) :

> If you have studies that contradict this, please post to the list.

Hi Marilyn;

The story IIRC is that up to about the age of 27 we create all the ezymes
needed for proper digestion, then this ability declines as we age, or is
worn out from over-use.

I studied digestion by comparing heartbeat after eating raw against
cooked, and found that there is neither increase in rate nor arrhythmia
after eating raw. I don't know why this happens, but enzymes seems as good
a handle as any.

My Dr. told me that such experiments could be fatal to me, so you'll
appreciate my interest in the accounts of others who personally try them.
;)

William