From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 06:58:07 -0500
> His books are way out of my price range and I am also curious
> about this information.

Hi Aria:

His apparently unsubstantiated and undocumented books are out of your price
range mainly because he is undoubtedly out to make a quick buck. Here are a
couple of excerpts from an interview of his:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/bass/aajonus.html

Eating such high levels of raw animal foods will elevate the body's
cholesterol numbers compared to a vegetarian diet. How do you explain this
contradiction to prevailing views on the need to keep cholesterol numbers
low? Also, what level of cholesterol do you look for in your clients?

I have experienced that cholesterol levels should be ignored. I have found
that it doesn't matter what the cholesterol level is if the cholesterol is
taken or made from raw fats. Cooked fats are the problem because they are
cauterized and can no longer exchange ions properly if at all. Therefore
they eventually, in 20-50 years, dry and crack. If the fat were a part of an
artery the artery would dry and crack. Raw fats continue to exchange ions no
matter how long they are in the body, remaining much more fluid.

[...]

... yet one of our former raw food M2M 'ers who eats meat, Zephyr, did in
fact poison himself with trichinosis parasites from eating wild raw
mongoose. How do you explain this?

I do not know Zephyr. I do not have knowledge of his situation, however, I
heard of this and investigated the likely occurrence of trichinosis from
mongoose. I could not find research or facts linking trichinosis to
mongoose.
I found one individual who said that mongoose have one or more sacs their
necks that contain fluid that can be poisonous to most animals, including
humans. It is possible that Zephyr ate one or more of these sacs, poisoned
some of his intestinal walls and developed his own case of trichinosis to
detoxify the decaying tissue that resulted from the poisoning. Trichinosis
usually takes at least several days to gestate before any ill symptoms are
detectable. Zephyr could have had an existent ill condition that required
trichinosis for quick detoxification, and his trichinosis had nothing to do
with eating the mongoose. If Zephyr had maintained a raw meat diet, his
trichinosis would probably have passed without any severe scarring. If he
had I serious allergy to the mongoose's sacular fluid, his chances of
recovery may have been impaired.
These are all hypotheses: I do not have direct knowledge of Zephyr and his
condition.

* * * *

Just my very quick read on the guy (who reminds me of Kevin Trudeau, another
huckster IMO). I had never heard of the guy until Willliam's email reply to
Todd.

Marilyn