From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:30:20 -0400
Hi,

I believe the Icom D Star radios use a really old technology of reverse
sideband scrambling.  There is nothing modern in those rigs.

Also some shortwave stations are broadcasting in digital format called DRM,
but it has not caught on.  I think the BBC still broadcasts to North America
using DRM for 1 hour per day at 0100z or 2100EDT on 6.010MHZ.  I've also
heard a German station on 3.995 in the evening using DRM.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn
Life is GOOD!