From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:58:10 000
Hi folks,

I'm sure many of you have seen these KEnwood phone patches.
PRetty straightforward to get connected.
COnnect the speaker jack to two terminals on the back of the
patch, the speaker to two more, another pair to the phone
wire.
Tx audio form the patch goes through the regular Kenwood 8
pin mic connector of which there are two:  A male on the
phone where you connect your microphone and a cable with the
female end for connecting to the transceiver.

WHen I pug the cable from the patch into hte mic jack on the
radio the audio coming through the speaker becomes brittle
and harsh, selectivity and other tone shaping controls on
the radio do nothing.  HOwever stations tell me the audio i
transmit using the microphone is still good.
THis is without the patch connected to a phone line btw.

LIstening to receive audio through the phone handset
indicates the same condition applies there.

REmove the microphone connector from the phone patch and
plug this KEnwood mc85 desk mic direct into the radio as
normal and receive audio becomes normal again.

A friend suggests that I disable all pins not necessary for
push to talk and transmit audio from the patch.  HE
mentioned something about rx audio being carried on a pin of
the mic connector for those using a tnc.

Anybody have any ideas regarding this knotty problem?

73 de nf5b

Richard WEbb,
Electric SPider Productions,
Eads Tennessee