From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:58:38 -0700
ah, yes, wire mesh in the walls could have allot to do with the difficulty
of connecting from one end of a house to the other.
Even external high gain antennas might have trouble with that.
However, you can't ask for better RF shielding for the shack right?

On the topic of metal in the walls, i have a friend who has metal studs in
his basement walls where his shack is located.
He is going to try using it as a ground plain and general ground for all his
RF stuff....the main electrical system is not connected by the way.
I wonder if there is any thing to be careful of here?
73
Colin, V A6BKX