Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:25:15 -0800
From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
Hi Neil,

If you don't run an LCD monitor at its native resolution, then you will get
blurring. There is no way around it. This is because an LCD has a one to
one correspondence with its pixels, unlike a CRT monitor.

I suggest you get a video card that can run the native resolution, and if
you want things to look bigger, explore the accessibility options available
within windows to increase the size of fonts and cursors and such.

Russ Poffenberger

At 08:17 AM 12/12/2006, you wrote:
>Hello to all,
>I recently purchase a Samsung 20" widescreen monitor (204-bw).  The
>graphic images look good but portions of the text lines are blurry.  Not
>all the text is blurry, just text in certain areas of the screen.  If I
>scroll down then the text that was blurry will become clear and vise
>versa.  I know it could be a couple of things causing this problem.  For
>instance, my video card is about 5 years old and will not go to the native
>resolution of the monitor, but I don't want it to anyway since everything
>gets smaller when the resolution is increased.  This video card is the
>Visiontek Xtacy 5864 with the Geforce 2 Ti chipset.  I don't mind buying a
>new video card if it will correct the problem.  I just don't want to spend
>the money on a new card if it will not correct the blurry text
>issue.  Could I get a card that would correct the problem and not require
>that I set the resolution to be so high?  This monitor also has the DVI
>connection.  Would it help if I were to upgrade my video card and use this
>connection rather than the analog connection I am using now?  Any
>information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
>
>Neil

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>