ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:48:16 -0500
Here is a message I got about Christian today! How awfully hard it must be
watching someone you love in such grait pain,

It has been a day!

The side effects from all the radiation and chemo are reaching a peak.
Constant nausea, vomitting and the sores that are covering the inside of her
mouth
down into her stomach. They have increased her morphine and the anti-nausea
meds. Her blood pressure is back up,probably because the pain is
intensifying.
She threw up blood a while ago. Now they have ordered platelets. I am told
that days like this will continue.

Helplessness is the word that probably sums up what I'm feeling. This is one
of the days that I have to draw on what's already been "deposited in the
bank",
so to speak.

As I sit, I remember a prayer that Kathryn Kuhlman prayed,

"Not some of Thee, and some me,

But all of Thee and none of me."

Lord, that I may decrease...all of me, my worries, concerns, and feelings of
helplessness.

So that You may increase...all that You are.

"You are the God who performs miracles: You display Your power among the
peoples." Psalm 77:14 (LT)

Strangely enough as I sat to write this, my eyes just fell on a book that
was given to me. Right in the middle of the page in huge, bold-black, 1"
letters,
reads:

WHEN YOU ARE GRIPPED BY FEAR

As you pick the book up, in 1/4" gray letters, just above the bold-black
ones, reads:

I am with you

I understand marketing. But the way the book design looks is ironic. When we
as christians face trials and tribulations or in my words are having a day,
doesn't our life sometimes look that way? Our "issue" way big and the great
"I AM" fades to small gray.

So today/tonight I sit and pray....

"Not some of Thee, and some of me;

But all of Thee, and none of me!"

Arise great I AM. Arise in Christian. Arise in me.

Your prayers are so appreciated!
Rhonda