Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:08:07 -0800
Sven,
I had saved the emails from Outlook Express, with the "Save As" option in
the menu.  Evidently, I somehow changed the file extension.....maybe because
I often change the wording of how it's going to save, so that I can find
things more easily.  In Win98SE, I never had to worry about the extension,
because it knew what extension needed to be used for emails from Outlook
Exp.  So I could just put in whatever wording I wanted, and it would
automatically save as an eml.....or whatever that extension was in Win98SE.
I guess  that doesn't work in XP.

You were correct, all I had to do was rename the files and add the .eml
extension, and now they're fine.  Thanks!
Carol Hanson

> Hi Carol,
>
> You did not mention "how" you saved the e-mails but whatever method /
> program it was changed the file extension so they are no longer Outlook
> Express e-mails. Try changing the extension to ".eml", sans quotes, and
> attempt to open them again.
>
> If you "Save As..." from the File menu in Outlook Express, the default
> file
> type is "Mail" with the .eml file extension.
>
> Sven Swanson, Sr.

---

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml