From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:28:56 -0500
Well, I was always interested in radio, broadcast radio, shortwave, and
finally I found a friend who had, though he didn't know it at the time, a
couple CB radio hand helds. We played with them, I caught on to what they
were, got in to it myself and got base equipment and stuff, and that was fun
for a while but the people were no fun so I figured there had to be
something close that had better people on it. Around here, about 3/4 of the
people I had on CB had been in trouble with the law for something, more than
1 for theft and/or assault and a could of them did try to steal my equipment
and/or money once not that I had any money but I had to keep an extra radio
hidden in my old house just in case. So, I went over and got my license and
while I do still have 1 CB over here, I can't remember the last time I used
it. The scanner played a bit of a roll too but I've always liked the HF
bands more but I pop up everywhere, even have the GMRS license and some
times talk to people on there too.