From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:32:31 -0600
Please send the manuals and I will look them over.  My Nokia is
intermittent at the most inopportune times with good signals so it is
probably time to replace it.  Every salesman  wants to sell me on the
razor or some such and I cannot afford the 6620 which is my  preference
but going that route still leaves me with another 300 to 500 for speech
software so who knows.  I would like to go cheep so I can get a new
radio sometime this year.  I figure that if my xyl ka7dhd gets a new
stereo for her birthday I should get something too.  grin.

Thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
VOLUNTEER SERVICES, BRAILLE TRANSLATION,
ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION RESOURCES
	http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/radio.htm

IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
(mailing
P O BOX 83720,
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
(Physical)
120 SOUTH COLE ROAD
BOISE IDAHO 83709

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax
208-334-2963

Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
http://www.iaais.org

The LG VX4650 is quite similar, with the addition of an analog mode.
The VX
4750 is similar to the 4650 but adds the walkie-talkie feature first
popularized by Nextel.

Some claim the 5200 is as accessible as the 4650.  The 4650 allows you
access the same functions as the 4500, except if I recall, adding a
second
number to an existing contact isn't quite as easy.

These phones don't talk through the whole menu process, and they don't

support SMS.  Probably the first two levels of a menu are accessible,
so for
certain functions, you need a cheat-sheet or just memorize a couple key

sequences.

I have manuals if you need them and there is a blind-lgvx-phones list,

although I've unsubscribed because it is pretty busy with quite a few
off-topic messages.

/Steve, K8SP
Lansing, MI
One of the nation's "smart cities"