From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:33:31 -0500
Hi, all.

My University recently purchased a Victor Reader Classic CD player for me
from RFB.  Although I haven't worked with it extensively yet, I can tell you
for sure that it's nice to be up to the 21st century in terms of helpful
technology for navigating books.

Anyway, I have sort of a strange question that I wonder if someone who owns
one of these players can help me with.

I find that, whenever I lightly jiggle the "rewind" button (the one on the
lower left-hand corner of the machine), I hear a slight "clicking" noise.  I
don't find this  nearly as much on any of the other buttons.

My first inclination is that something is loose, but yet the button seems to
be firmly in place, and the rewind function seems to work well.

I e-mailed RFB and Hunanware of Canada about this problem, and haven't
really gotten a satisfactory explanation.

Obviously, I don't want to do anything that would void the 1-year warranty.

I guess I could send the machine in already for a check, but it seems like
such a minor problem.

Any suggestions as to what this might be would be helpful.

If you want to e-mail me privately, since this is "off topic", e-mail me at

Thanks very much, and best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ