Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:45:31 -0400
At 18:45 06/22/06, Tom wrote:
>I have a Dell Latitude CPi laptop computer that needs a battery and
>a CD drive. Not worth buying these new so looking for good used ones.
>Need to know what batterys and CD drives will fit this computer.

Hi Tom

You can find parts for the latitude CPi at "Parts People":
<http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=category&id=20>.
They sell 8X CDRW (CD burner) drives or 8X/24X CD/DVD (read only)
drives (all reburbished with 30 day warranty) for $49.95 each.
A combo DVD/CDRW drive (24x CD-R, 10x CD-RW, 8x DVD, 24x CDROM)
is $99.95 (No software included, 30 day warranty).
All there drives are front bay swapable.

<http://www.pacificbattery.com/dellspecial.html> has new batteries
for your Latitude for $89.90. I've bought several batteries from
them. (My brother and I each have more than one P3 or P4 Dell laptop.)
I don't think you want to buy a used or refurbished battery from
anyone. There's too much chance that you'd get a dead or very short
lived battery.

In my experience, if you have a CPi, any part listed at Parts People
or Pacific Battery for a CPi will work for your CPi. (An exception
would be something unique to your specific processor...like a heat
sink or fan.) You could phone either of these companies and ask for
advice on part compatibility.

Regards,
Bill

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: