Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:59:24 -0400
Hi Pat.

I was asking the same question about a year and a half ago, and
unfortunately, there really isn't anything that will do everything you are
looking for on the current market.  If you are lucky enough to find a Yaesu
FT736 with all of the modules and a speech board, that would do it, but
they've been gone for a while, and probably darned few of the ones that
were sold had a speech board.

On the other hand, you could go with something like the TS2000S (my
solution) and just get HF thrown in on the side.  A spare HF rig never
hurts anyway, and you would have paid that much or more for dedicated
VHF/UHF gear anyway.  Your other alternative would be to search out the
Icom IC-575, 275, 375, 475, and IC1275 radios.  One fellow in my area had
the whole set--gave him 10 meters through 1.2 GHz all mode, but it cost him
a lot more than a TS2000S or a TS2000X for that matter.  Looking at it from
that point of view, the TS2000S didn't seem like such a bad deal, and I've
actually enjoyed mine a lot.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 05:04 PM 9/25/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm getting back on the air from a new qth and I was wondering if there =
>is an all mode vhf/uhf rig from 6 through 3440 that's accessible.  At my =
>new qth I'm 1100 feet above sea level up in the mountains of western =
>Maryland.  On he I'm pretty well set with the ts850.  73- pat kk3f

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]