Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:53:50 -0400
Hi Phil.

It depends upon many things.  Here are some of the factors to consider:

1.  How fast does your cable connection run.  Not all cable systems are
created equally.

2.  How many subscribers are on cable in your immediate area?  The more
cable subscribers, the slower the connection.

3.  How far are you from the telephone switch.  If you are close, your DSL
will be nice and fast, but if you are close to the 18,000 ft. limit, it
will be kind of pokey.

4.  Do you have a good quality phone line.  A noisy line will send your
connect speed through the floor.  I have had my DSL drop out completely on
rainy days (until I made the phone company go out and clean the connections
up a bit).

Generally, I've had good results with DSL, but the noisy lines have
occasionally caused some trouble.  But, then, cable goes out occasionally,
too.  Nothing is perfect.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:29 PM 4/25/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>First, let me say from the out set, that I know this has nothing to do with
>ham radio.  However, since everybody on this list is a ham and is literally
>on the internet, does anybody have an opinion about DSL verses cable?  Qwest
>here in Denver is offering a digital phone connection, direct TV, their best
>DSL, and several other things in a package deal that will save me 100
>dollars over all I am paying for right now.  I'm just wondering if I'll
>notice much difference going from cable to DSL?
>
>Phil.
>K0NX

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK