Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:28:33 000

n1umj wrote:
   >you'd have to double check this but I'm about 90% sure the TM-V708
   >will do cross band repeat. Keep in mind though the face can't be
   >attached to the radio, like the 480, why Kenwood is leaning this
   >way is way beyond me. Once I get this computer all setup the way I
   >like it I'll download the manual and see what I can find on it
   >possibly for you if you'd like unless you want to. I just built a
   >new computer Thursday though and was sick yesterday so really
   >haven't had time to set stuff up on it until today. I think I built
   >me a good computer though, so far it's just what I was trying for.
IF you would have a look it would sure be helpful, I'm
curious at this point.

I don't mind the detachable faceplate as much, might be the
only way I get hf in the van eventually.  DArned doghouse
isn't big enough with empty space without removing the
aftermarket am/fm/cd that's in there and I really don't want
to do that.
Just means the radio itself can be mounted out of the way
somewhere I guess.  That nor the computer control isn't a
deal killer, but the crossband repeat might keep me looking
for an ol' true blue as they call the 7a around here.  THe
ol' BLue light special is a good rig.  WE have one in our
EOC here in Oakland TN.
I'm not that interested in computer control, ease of field
programmability is sure something I like however.

Btw bought the xyl a Yaesu ft-2800m 2 meter mobile, for only
$149 giving me 60 watts it was the best deal I could find.
I definitely didn't care for the KEnwood tm-261a we had in
there, only KEnwood radio I've ever owned I didn't like.

So far the only thing I"ve seen about the Yaesu we put in
there I didn't like is the mobile mounting bracket, couldn't
be mounted head up where she could see its display, so we
customized one out of scrap sheet metal.  Has direct keypad
entry and ctcss tone search, plus the same weather alerts,
200 memory channels.

Had to have a radio in there other than our handhelds for
our trip back to Louisiana next month.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb,
Electric Spider Productions,