BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 07:48:43 -0700
MSIE uses a "focus rectangle" to highlight the active link. THE TAB macro in
the JFW shdocvw.jms file tracks down and speaks the focus rectangle. (I can
send the macro if you are interested.)

When using the JAWS Cursor (mouse pointer) the active link is reported
without attribute, but all other links are reported as "underlined" with the
ALT+DEL key. This may seem useless, but if you don't use TAB at all and just
move around with the JAWS Cursor, ALT+DEL seems like a reliable way to tell
if you're on a link, which you can immediately click on. I have never used
JFW this way: I usually just hit the TAB and use the JAWS Cursor to get
context if necessary.

I don't know what attribute Outspoken would track to speak the focus
rectangle, but it should be able to find the other links, if indeed they are
underlined as JFW says.

Patrick

At 11:40 AM 7/3/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>Do anyone know how to identify a hypertext link in a paragraph of a Web
>page when you use Jaws 2.0 with Internet Explorer 3.02?
>
>Yours faithfully,
>
>Eric

Patrick J. Burke
http://www.dcp.ucla.edu/patrick