From:
"Barbara H." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara H.
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:39:01 -0500

I joined http://www.sparkpeople.com/ after reading Carla's post. This site
is awesome. If you are struggling with keeping your weight down on a gluten
free diet, using this site immediately identified where my problem is. The
gluten free breads, flours, etc seem to have 20% -25% more calories than
wheat based products. This site also tracks the nutritional data for foods
entered in your food tracker. You can create your own favourites and add
foods just for your use or post them for all to use. There is so much more
to say about this site.
To find the Celiac group, go to Message Boards 'Other Groups' and search
for topic 'Calling All Celiacs'.
For those who join the group and this thread, here is my recent post:
"I found there were few gluten free products entered in
 the database that I
use. After entering some and finding brands in the database that have gf
and non gf products, I tried a food search "gluten free". This returned
anything with free in the name. I tried a search for GF and nothing was
returned. So I decided to prefix the specifically labelled gluten free
products with GF. If any others entering gf products follows this, we will
have a very nice list for our use and may find products we weren't aware
of. Let me know what you think."
Barb (gf since 1981)