From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:18:58 -0800

None of the prominent advocates of the Paleo way of eating,
> Audette, Cordain or Eaton, advocates using dairy butter.

Probably because they can get pure fat. I can't.
I've recently stated using unsalted butter for those rare occasions when I
fry eggs, it doesn't stink like plant-source oils.

  *****  Uh oh.  The above statement should not be credited to ME!!!  I have no idea what Audette, Cordain or Eaton advocates except for what I read on here, lol.  I personally use unsalted butter myself, along with the cold-pressed olive and coconut oils, and the very very occasional use of <gasp> veggie oil (not canola) if I'm using very high heat.  I figure it's already poisonous anyway, so I might as well use something that won't burn at those high temps!!

Again, I don't eat Paleo, but my doggies do, lol. They like that
> texture of raw meat that I just can't get past, ask Ginny, my dear
> friend who directed me here to learn new things...raw meat doesn't gross
> me out at all, but putting it in my lips and doing the texture is yet
> another thing.

You chewed! Your dogs don't.

  *****  Ah ha.  Very good point, my dear!!!

And I have been pondering that same question/post
> that one of our members posted this morning, about the different oils
> and fats and what is the difference.

Smell.
For lack of faith in the "authorities" I've had to trust my own "immune
system".

  *****  Yeah, both of those factors are what I try to go by, as well.  I was just wondering more about what the difference is when any kind of oil/fat is heated, which is what the poster was talking about.  I'm sorry not to use her name...I already deleted the post and my memory "ain't so good" sometimes!!!

Having nothing intelligent to say
> about it, I was just waiting for someone else to say something, lol.

Admirable. Lack of intelligence doesn't stop a lot of people from posting.
When I read some of my old posts, um, no comment. ;)

  *****  Hahaha, you're not the only one, my dear.  My restraint-factor isn't ALWAYS so admirable!!!

> Sometimes I just "hide and watch", like my Mom always says, but I will
> answer any question posed to me, I am just not as informed as most of
> you guys on this issue.

IMHO it's a question of the source of information. Few have the confidence
to blab the results of their own experience, but the school of hard knocks
is still the best teacher.

William

  *****  I absolutely agree.  Some of us just have harder/thicker heads and need a few more knocks than others, lol.

  Love,