Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:14:24 -0500
Sorry, my last post was supposed to be in reply to this post:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:38:33 -0800, Brenda Young
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   I have read
>> several different articles (I'm sorry, I can't remember any
>> particular references, although I THINK one of them may have been
>> Dr. Mercola) that say canola is particularly dangerous to ingest,
>> being derived from the rapeseed, etc. Any thoughts on this??
>

>Hi, Bren! I got lost from this list for a while, but I'm back:)
>
>I wouldn't use it. I don't find seed oils to be a good Paleo choice -
>too manufactured. And yes, I take the toxicity warnings seriously.
>What causes one organism to react violently also affects the ones not
>showing symptoms of reaction, I feel.
>
>ginny
>
>Hey sweetie, I wondered where you'd been!!  I totally agree with you
about the toxicity.  I won't use it, either, but it amazes me how many
health-conscious people DO use it.  Thought maybe I'd mis-read
something!!  I'll stick to my olive and coconut oils!!  Glad to see you
again, darlin'.

>  Love,
>  Bren

FYI: Dr. Mercola also recommends not using olive oil for cooking
because "it is easily damaged when heated" (though I myself use some light
olive oil, which is more stable than virgin olive oil, in cooking--in
moderation).