From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 10:13:45 -0700
My apologies, Paula, for the mistaken identity!  And yes, you are absolutely right.  I just didn't get into the whole thing since it was pretty much OT!!

Brenda

Paula <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Why would this diet, and the Atkins diet, be causing a
> loss of bone density? What can be done to improve bone density, other
> than lifting heavy objects? ( I know I should be doing that.)
>

> Paula, natural progesterone cream will build "good" bone, not "fake" bone
like Fosamax, etc., if used regularly. Dr. John Lee's website is a good
place to get information and a list of recommended creams.
www.johnleemd.com

> Brenda
Brenda, I didn't post the above. I posted a response to the above. If your
problem is hormonal it could help. But there are several causes for bone
density reduction. I posted a response to the original poster of the
importance of getting her urine checked.
BTW Fosamax does not build bone at all. It stops the osteoclasts from doing
their job of taking away deteriorated bone, thus deteriorated bone is left
in the matrix. Only one Prescription *builds* bone (Forteo) by messing with
the parathyroid hormone. That drug has many very bad side effects and is
reserved only for advanced cases of osteoporosis. Again, if the problem is
in the kidneys Hydrochlorothiazide has little to no side effects, has been
around for ever and works well for this problem.
Enough said about prescriptions...now back to our regular diet discussion
(which I included in my original response).
Paula

Discover Yahoo!