From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:23:39 -0500
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:53:31 -0500, Rob Campbell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It seems that this list was once very high traffic and now has slowed.
> Is this something that people were heavily into as it gained fame and
> have now moved onto other eating styles, or is there just not much to
> talk about
> after a while?

I think it's more the latter.  Conversation here, as in life, tends to
come in spurts.  An interesting topic will surface, a flurry of activity
results, and once that's all talked out, it gets quiet for a while until
the next topic rolls around.

> More than anything I am concernced about the social and cultural
> challenges...  eating with friends and family.

This has been discussed here, recently.  The short of it is, as long as
you're not going with a lot of raw foods (particularly meat), you should
be able to get along at meals with others.  You may also consider allowing
yourself some variance at "events" (family get-togethers, business
lunches, or whatever), but that's up to you and your particular needs and
tolerances.   If you're careful about your choices, there are plenty of
paleo meals that seem "normal" -- in many cases, nobody will be the wiser
unless you make an issue of it.

> My partner has absolutely no
> interest in this, she laughed when I first mentioned the idea.  I believe
> she would be supportive if I made my intentions clear, but its going to
> make dining together a constant challenge.  Anyone else been through
> this?

Only every day.  ;-)

--
   Robert Kesterson