From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:57:11 +0000
On Dec 30, 2005, at 1:56 pm, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Bananas:  Containing three natural sugars - sucrose, fructose and
> glucose
>

> This is why people with diabetes should not use bananas as a main food
> source. Their use should be restricted.

Even still, the glycaemic index of a banana is about half that of
wholemeal bread so it's a step in the right direction at least.  I
recommended the paleo diet to my driving instructor, who was
diagnosed while he was giving me lessons.  His dietician told him
that it was unsound because he needed to eat wheat for the fibre.
(How I didn't crash when he said that is still a mystery.)

I still think that diabetics should follow a diet of meat and low-
carb veg though, no reason to go out asking for trouble.

Ashley