NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric Schlesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:38:20 -0500
Mark Feblowitz wrote:
> Yeah - bottom line is that you have to check with the manufacturer
> (sometimes doable on the web) to see their formulation.
>
> Put this task back on your pharmacist.
>
> As for lactobacillus - only a good idea if you're not allergic. Every
> lactobacillus alternative I've found contains milk proteins.
>
> Mark

Point taken.  Being "only" Lactose Intolerant makes some things easier.
I mention Lactobacillus because many people have GI problems while
taking antibiotics and can be helped by it.

Having said that, I use Nature's Bounty Chewable - which does NOT seem
to have any milk products at all - see

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=17528&catid=132230&aid=334918&aparam=nature_s_bounty_chewable&CAWELAID=61264267

Ingredients
Sucrose, Dextrose, Fructose, Citric Acid, Strawberry Flavor (Natural),
Vegetable Oil (Palm Olein, Soy, Coconut, High Oleic Sunflower Oils),
Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Silica

Maybe that's an alternative?