NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:31:58 -0800
I also see that alot of people are not going to make it. they are going to
quit because it's too hard, or it's too complicated, or it's too scary, or
it's too expensive, or it takes too long, or it's too unbelievably simple or
its too addictive or its just too dang lonely a process when you're not a PETA
  It is hard to not maintain the status quo. People do fear change even when it is a positive one. The idea that's it's contrary to what they haev heard most or all of their lives can make it scairy to fathom. Being very outgoing I haev always been open for challenges and have used them as opportunities to learn new things, including diet issues. When I first cut out red meat and dairy from my diet (red meat because of family history of strokes and heart disease as well as other heart problems and then dairy becasue of allergies) even my own circle of friends were not supportive because they were concerned I would become anemic. I remember buying a venus fly trap when I went on a trip to Wisconsin and visited their big green house. I took it back to Cleveland and remember not eating red meat but bought a pound to feed the plant because in the middle of winter there were no bugs to eat. My friends got a good laugh out of that one. Anyways, they just didn't understand the reasons
 behind my decision making even though they were genuilely concerned about me. It's hard to accept new ideas(or at least they're new to us as nothing is really new knowledge). It's so easy to just go along with the flow.
      That's my input. And now back to you. Sue