NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mfeltner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:29:54 -0400
have you tried the product *123s and chreese*?  it's free of milk products,
but looks like mac 'n cheese and tastes delicious!

here's a link to this and similar products sold at miss roben's online:
http://www.allergygrocery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=AG&Screen=SRCH&Search=chreese

also, try searching vegweb.com for recipes.  they have an entire kid-friendly
section that is awesome. here's a link to a chreese sauce that is very similar
to the product noted above, but you can save some of the expense by making it
yourself: http://vegweb.com/recipes/misc/3987.shtml

as for the guilt issue, we usually deal with it by offering a safe version of
whatever unsafe food we might be serving.  we only have one child and he is
allergic to egg and milk products.  so we don't have sibling issues.  but
sometimes my husband and i eat something that is unsafe for noel.  in that
case, if it is something he usually likes, we make a safe version for him.
for example, we just had chicken enchiladas over the weekend.  we made a
separate pan of enchiladas that were safe for him.  we do the same with pizza.
 we always make a safe version for him that looks a lot like what we are
having.  and in some cases, we just serve the safe version, ommitting the milk
and egg products altogether.

hope this helps,
melanie