NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:43:35 -0500
Can anyone tell me definitively if lactose has dairy protein?  I wanted
to try Puralin nasal and sinus decongestant (congestion caused by my
dairy protein allergy) and its inactive ingredient is lactose!  I am not
lactose intolerant but if it has dairy protein then I'm out of luck.

Tofutti has been a big topic of discussion and I want to add my 2 cents
worth.  I use the Tofutti "cheese" and agree that it melts but not like
real cheese.  It does not have casein.  The Tofutti frozen dessert is
terrific!  And lots of variety.  Tofutti Sour Supreme (sour cream) and
Better Than Cream Cheese are also very good.  Have not tried the Tofutti
Pizza.  We get Tofutti at Marsh Supermarkets which is somewhat of a
mainstream upscale supermarket in Indiana.  I begged them to get the
frozen dessert and they were finally able to.

Silk Soymilk is good for cooking.  I make mashed potatoes even with the
Vanilla Silk but there is also a plain Silk.  And Chocolate too!  Mmmm.
  It is available at Walmart in Indiana.  At Publix in Florida.   Was
also able to get it in Cheyenne Wyoming but don't recall the name of the
supermarket.   I think it was on Range Line Road.  Call around to see if
it is available at your local Walmart.  Or at least maybe they could
order it for you.
--

Kathy
aka smiley