ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:53:22 -0700
As I read these church stories, I am reminded of many things.

when I was in college, I took a course on the life and teachings of Jesus
Christ.  The professor told about someone he knew who was a young boy in a
conservative Nazarene church.  During the service, he grew borred.  He
reached into his pocket and pulled out a bag of marbles someone had given
him.  Unfortunately, the mouth of the bag was pointing down!  The marbles
dropped to the uncarpeted floor and rolled down the isles.  When they got to
the altar rail, they bounced back from the impact and hit it again.  His
mother was about to rebuke or discipline him, but his father made a gesture
to stop her.  And that is how he learned about grace.

Sharon