ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:36:44 -0600
I received some very wise counsel by a very respected man of God. If we
study and surround ourselves with the truth,  beliefs that are not true
will automatically show themselves and no need to go looking for them or
their differences. We need to take very much care of what we allow in to
try to sway from truth. God's word says even the elect will be deceived.
I'm not part of the elect I don't feel, all the more reason to stay close
to the truth. You are right in your comments that people are fearful to
explore other religions and etc., and with good reason as the ultimate risk
is too high to consider exploring areas of non-truth, and why would we want
to anyway? It isn't insecurity that holds me to Christian belief, but
rather my security in knowing it's truth, perhaps it is the insecurity of
those feeling they have yet to find or connect with truth that they feel
compelled to continue searching other religious beliefs? Christians are
always accused of being "narrow minded", are we not suppose to be just
that? Jesus said narrow is the road, giving the idea there isn't any other
way to eternal salvation but through him as Savior. Anything outside of
that is slipping off the narrow path. I will say this, and please no one
take this wrongly. As for the fundamentalist Muslims and their belief and
unwavering focus to do what they feel is right is a respectable quality.
Now, now, I didn't say I approved of  the actions, I don't they are
deplorable, but the strength of the beliefs is very respectable and if we
Christians had such a disciplined belief I wonder how much more we would be
used of God. We tend to get caught up in our own freedoms and personal
situations which detract from God's work here. I will say that similarly to
the attitude of patriotism to this country, that is "Ain't no one  from
another country going to knock our country or else" type attitude, you know
patriotism, I think we have a similar attitude towards Christianity. And
while they are both useful, we can tend to blindly have that attitude based
out of here say or things other than what we have sought out for ourselves.
Thus when it comes to a debate with someone, one needs fact and concrete
evidences of what one is talking about in order to  have a sense of
credibility from your audience. I don't need to know about the Koran to
dispute it, because if I did that with every religious belief out there,
how much focus would I have left for the truth, so I spend my spiritual
study time learning the truth, not what is not the truth. I have no need or
inner desire to explore. As a word of caution if one is serious about
remaining in truth, Christianity,  I'd suggest to remain  in it and study
the truth and let the fallacies show themselves as they come up against it,
and not try to explore them to find some sort of tolerance or melding of
religions. It is true that the Jews carry this unwillingness to look at
other religions, the difference between the Jews and Christians is one has
salvation and the other does not. If I have it, why do I need to look
anywhere else?

Brad

At 06:50 AM 1/28/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>All I have to say to this is a lack of understanding has done more to kill
>people's souls than anything else.  Those reasons are the exact ones the
>Jews give for a lack of belief Jesus is the messiah.  Check it out. Some
>will never know the truth because they will always be unwilling to explore
>other faiths.  It is sad.

Brad

   Get educated, not frustrated