ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:47:40 -0700
Vinny,

aint it the truth.  I honestly did not believe Denver would win even when
they were so far ahead.  To tell the truth, I prayed the best team would win
but when the Patriot field goal kicker tried to kick that last 3 pointer for
his team, I honestly prayed, Lord, let him miss.  When he did, I about
cried.  He is such a good kicker, too, and to miss from such a short field,
I felt guilty praying he'd miss.  Denver's defense really made the game go
Denver's way.  I remember the first time they won the super bowl with John
Elway.  The Denver team was playing about like they are now.  Not perfect,
but well enough to squeak their way through.  Of course, the second bowl
game they won was just almost flawless that whole season.  Denver better
thank their lucky stars they played this game in Denver and not out East,
too, because the noise really helped in the first half.

Phil.