ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JULIE MELTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:29:50 -0700
JulieMelton
visit me at
www.heart-and-music.com
Keep smiling!

Hello, all.  Please pray for me and my guide dog Lear.  over the past few
months I've noticed him slowing down and getting older. Saturday the vet
noticed a lot of weight loss and just a general change in Lear.  His guide
work is still careful, but he has less endurance than he used to and can't
really do long routs without frequent stops.  The vet tested his thyroid adn
said it's low normal and probably doesn't account for all the changes in
him.

The bottom line is that I'm thinking about retirement.  I need to call the
school with a couple questions today, so I will see if a rep can visit
sometime in the next couple months to talk about this further.

In addition to praying, can some of you with dogs tell me how you knew when
to retire your dog?  I'm new to this, as Lear is my first dog.

Thanks for your help and support.