ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:14:04 -0600
Amy,

I will pray.  Let me demonstrate a point here regarding your mom and the
personal attacks.

If someone were to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies, grab a handful
and hand them to you, would you take them off their hands? Sure you would,
well that is if you love choc chip cookies. Conversely, if  you were
walking with a friend who had a guide dog, and the lovely pup were to stop
and leave a couple of doggie presents on the sidewalk and your  friend took
the little scoop and scooped them up and said, hold out your hands, would
you take them off their hands? I would pretty much guess you'd say "Ewww
yuck, no way!"

Gross metaphor but analogizes the situation  quite well actually. Point
being if you don't take or accept what is handed to you, who maintains
possession of it? Not you but the one attempting to give it. This is easier
said than done sometimes but certainly not license not to find that result.
I'm sorry to hear your mom is unhappy. I'd guess she has some fairly large
insecurities and self-esteem issues to work out. I pray she can find the
help she needs and stops trying to fulfill her void by cutting on you and
your dad.

Brad

At 11:35 AM 8/29/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Brad,
>     I tried to change the date but couldn't get it to change.  I'll try to
>get somebody to help me change it soon.  My knee still hurts and my head
>does also if I touch it in that certain place.  Well my week just keeps
>getting worse but I'm gonna make it.  My Mom told me yesterday she was going
>to get an apartment and told me alot of other stuff about me and Dad because
>of course it is all us not her.  Please pray for me because she makes it
>sound like I'm a horrible person.  She says I don't love her when I do.
>Well just keep us in your prayers.
>
>Thanks,
>Amy

Brad

   Having an auction, garage sale or need to sell just one item? Save $$
and post it for FREE at:
  HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Serving Northwestern Wisconsin and the Greater Twin Cities area!