BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:02:48 -0800
Bruce,  I don't believe milk delivery is available locally anymore.  We get
ours from the farm next door but we have to have our own jug and go get it
ourselves.  That's not a problem for me as I've spent time in that barn all
my life.  Our neighbor also sells eggs and butter.  Ruth

PS:  Please note change of subject line.

At 12:39 PM -0500 1/19/05, Bruce Marcham wrote:
Chris:

Was that a drive-up farm stand? (Did you attend Cornell?)

I'm guessing this predates Pam and Jim's knowledge of Ellis Hollow Road (or
at least the days when they would've been driving themselves around).

The only business I remember on Ellis Hollow Road was Mr. May's egg farm.
He was a family friend (having gone to Cornell with my mother's parents in
the mid to late '20's) and delivered eggs to our house for many years. That
recollection reminds me of the insulated metal box that was on our front
porch in the days when milk was delivered to the house (probably up until
the late 50's or early 60's). Maybe they still do these things up in Ruth's
neck of the woods...

Bruce
--
Ruth Barton