NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:06:27 -0800
"But there is very little evidence that poor blacks or Hispanics are
genetically predisposed to the vast majority of the afflictions from
which they disproportionately suffer. What I find compelling is that there are so many factors in these poorer
neighborhoods that seizing on one - dairy - seems to me to be an
unlikely conclusion. Moreover, much of the population that is affected
by many of the health problems - including asthma - are way past school
age and no longer having the 50% "solid" dairy. And, these afflictions
are by no means limited to blacks - but include every ethnic group that
live in these deplorable inner-city conditions.

Knowing my own case as I do, I was amazed when I was recently tested for
allergies to find what I was allergic to - dust mites being among the
most reactive on the tests. I choose to conclude, based on my own
experience and the readings I have done, that the mass of unclean
conditions are the primary cause of the illnesses in those areas.
For curiousity - what happened when the other three black children
stopped eating dairy?
  The author has chosen his words very carefully. He(assuming it's a he) said there is very LITTLE evidence that asthma among these chikdren is caused by dairy. He didn't say there is NO evidence. He didn't say the dairy wasn't causing it. He just stated in between the lines that it isn't obvious enough for them to point it out, and it won't be anything obvious BECAUSE they won't point it out. I wonder how much the American Dairy Association payed him to word it that way. And just because it isn't SOLID dairy doesn't change the fact that they are still consuming dairy just the same.
  If you choose to conclude that it's just the dust you've been reacting to then that's your perogative, but it doesn't mean it isn't dairy causing the children to be sick. For that matter, if you really don't think it's
   dairy making you sick then maybe you no longer need this talk list, especially if you are disputing the health affects of it so much when so many of us here do suffer from it. It's a bit of an oximoron.
  WHy don't you find out what happened to the other three children who stopped eating dairy if it means so much to you to find out?
  Sue