From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:15:48 -0700
If the video connection you are using is part of the motherboard, then
you should assure that the cable is firmly attached and that none of the
pins on the connector are bent. If you are still not getting a signal to
the monitor the video on your motherboard has somehow gone bad. If the
motherboard accepts a video card, you can install one and see if that
works. OR you can replace the motherboard.

If the video connection is to a video card, you can remove and then
firmly reinstall the video card. Then, when you turn the computer on see
if the fan on the video card, if it has a fan, is spinning. Before
closing the case back up, clean any excess dust from any fans, heat
sinks, and the case filter, if equipped with one. Make sure the cable is
firmly attached and there are no bent pins. Remember to practice good
grounding techniques as you go inside the case. If the video signal is
still not reaching the monitor, you probably need a new video card. If
the motherboard has a video connection, you can remove the video card
and connect the monitor to the motherboard to assure that the problem is
the video card.

Before switching between motherboard video and a video card, check your
manual to make sure the identification of the video source is automatic.
Some motherboards require the setting of a jumper to identify which
video source is to be used.

I hope this helps. If you post again, please add more information on
your computer system and components so that a more specific solution is
possible. As you see, my response is generic. How do you know that the
computer boots up all the way, loads the operating system, and connects
to the Internet if there is no video signal?

Tom Mayer

Kip Gochenour wrote:
> Having trouble with my video. My crt comes on and says no input signal or power unplugged and goes to standby. I tried another moniter and get the same thing. I checked to make sure the ram was firmly in place and all was fine. The computer boots up all the way and connects to the internet.
> Thanks,
> Kip
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owners:

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: