ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:51:07 -0800
I understand this.  The problem I have with my son's behavior toward me is:
I somehow feel like some sort of failure because I think if I weren't he
wouldn't talk to me or act the way he does  I think, somehow, if I had done
something differently he wouldn't steel from me and act so disrespectfully
toward me.  I end up sabotaging myself because I am trying to make up
somehow for the way I feel. I realize this and know this has got to stop
because I will probably end up the cause of the way he acts in future.  I
just want things to run so smoothly for my children.  It isn't easy for me
because I never had parents to guide me after about 12 as they were vary
sick both of them.  I and my sister had to care for them and they never were
role models because their primary concern was to try to survive themselves.