ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 01:37:00 -0600
It hadn't occured to me to ask here but I will. I am trying to get copies
of some books on songwriting. And no Pat, Bookshare doesn't have them lol.
Neither does any other resource that I'm aware of. I read three of these
four books prior to losing my readable sight but want to read them again.
There is a total of four books I'd need scanned. Below is what I wrote
others who replied to a query I put on an email list. If anyone here is
interested please let me know and how much you would charge. Here's what I
wrote...

I'm not looking for a professional job, but I  had downloaded a book from
Bookshare that said it was a fair scan,  and I couldn't read it without
editing every line that was cut short and words broken up in several pieces
with carriage returns. I can't have that either. They are books on
songwriting. "The Craft of Lyric Writing" and "Successful Lyric Writing"
both by Sheila Davis, as well another of hers I've not bought yet I think
entitled "The Song Idea Book". And one more called "Writing Better Lyrics"
by Pat Pattison. These are books approximately three quarters of an inch
thick and your normal size... 8 by 11? I'd guess. I don't have them here at
present. Another person was to scan them but ran into family health issues.
I'd like them as soon as possible. I had a few responses to my query and
perhaps it would be good to let one book out to each for speed of getting
the job done. That is if cost is reasonable, but quality is important too
so if one person can do that I'll gladly wait for the rest of the books to
be scanned. I don't know how much it ought cost so asking folks to  tell me
how much they'd charge. I don't have a scanner and OCR
software  myself  and really don't want to spend the money or time to learn
it right now. If you need more information I could try to find more info on
the books on the net but not certain they'll give page number and etc. They
ought be pretty much straight out text. I read them years ago when I could
yet see and from my recall they are pretty much flat out text other than
perhaps a table or two turned sideways. Thanks for your reply and please
let me know what you think or if you  need more info.

Brad